exclusive clinical focus on reconstructive breast surgery, aesthetic and corrective breast surgery. As a microsurgeon, he performs more than 160 microsurgical procedures per year. He has innovated a number of procedures over the years, e.g. the internal bra breast lift.
Professor Farhadi gained his medical degree at the University of Basel, Switzerland, and the University Pitié-Salpetriè in Paris, France. His general and plastic surgical residencies was completed in Switzerland and Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
Professor Farhadi is actively involved in teaching and research. He is author of over 70 publications and several book chapters. Professor Farhadi also is Co-director of the European Masters in Breast Surgery, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and Chairman of the London Breast Meeting.
He is author and co-author of more than 200 publications in Italian, English and Spanish on oncological surgery, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the breast. He is author of five books on ocncoplastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the breast and author of many chapters in other books. He has organized several international conferences concerning both reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the breast. He and his team are dedicated to the surgery of the breast from tumour to reconstruction and to the aesthetic outcome and body contouring. He introduced new surgical techniques both in mastectomy and reconstruction and aesthetic breast surgery. MAURIZIO BRUNO NAVA MD GRETA ONCOPLASTIC MILANO NAPOLI CATANIA
In 2012. His research areas are: oncoplastic surgery including the development of a questionnaire on post breast reconstruction quality of life on behalf of the EORTC Quality of Life Group, decision making in breast surgery and mathematical modeling of breast shape. He is also a professor at the master in oncoplastic surgery and integrated treatments at the University of Genova and honorary consultant of the department of mathematics and informatics at the University of Catania
Dr. Rubio is active in many societies, as EUSOMA president (European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists), President-elect of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO), member of the Executive Committee at the European Cancer Organization, founding member and past President of the Spanish Association of Breast Surgeons (AECIMA), Board member of EUBREAST, and member of the SSO and the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
She is associate editor in Breast of the Journal of Surgical Oncology, and reviewer for The Breast, the European Journal of Surgical Oncology and the Annals of Surgical Oncology. She obtained the European Board of Surgery Qualification in Breast Surgery and since 2015 is officer at the UEMS Breast Surgery Division and participates as an examiner in the EBSQ Examinations in Breast Surgery.
Dr. Rubio is involved in many randomized trials and part of the Executive committee in many of them. (MINDACT, Eribulin-SOLTI100, EORTC 10085). She has received grants to develop her research by the Susan G. Komen Foundation, Spanish Ministry of Health and other institutions. Dr. Rubio has published over 100 peer review manuscripts and many book chapters.
Her interest is in sentinel lymph node biopsy, neoadjuvant treatments, surgical management of BRCA mutation carriers, and the role of prognostic markers (genomic profiles, liquid biopsy). Also her interest is focused on the standardization of Breast surgical training and Breast units.
- MBBS (LHMC), MS (MAMC), FRCS ( Glasgow)
- Fellow, Breast Unit. Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
- Senior Director - Breast Surgical Oncology and Oncoplastic Surgery
- Max Institute of Cancer Care, Patparganj and Vaishali
- Director, Breast Surgical Oncology and Oncoplastic Surgery, Max Institute of Cancer Care, Patparganj & Vaishali
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Max Cancer Centre, Saket and Patparganj, New Delhi
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi
- Junior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Apollo Hospital , New Delhi
Dr Geeta Kadayaprath has over 23 years of experience with exclusive Surgical Oncology experience of 20 years and has pursued her interest in breast cancer for a large part of the last 18 years. She started her Surgical Oncology career in Apollo Hospital, Delhi where she worked as a Junior Consultant from 2001-2003. To pursue her interest in Breast Cancer management she took up a fellowship position in one of the largest cancer centers in Europe, at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK from 2003 -2004. On her return from UK in 2004,she joined Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi, as Consultant and put to good use the surgical expertise gained in London.
She is an expert at performing the entire range of surgeries for breast cancer including modified radical mastectomies, breast conservation surgeries, mastectomies with immediate breast reconstruction, excision of stereotactically localized impalpable lesions, vacuum assisted lumpectomies etc. She was instrumental in introducing sentinel lymph node biopsy as the standard procedure for axilla in early breast cancer and also pioneered oncoplastic breast surgeries at Max Hospitals. She joined Max Cancer Centre as Senior Consultant in Surgical Oncology in 2009 and has divided her time equally between various centers in the Max Group and has managed to give Breast Cancer services the right direction, to make it one of the most sought after comprehensive services in this part of the country and beyond.
- Program Director, Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship at Max Hospital, Patparganj and Vaishali
- Monthly breast support group meetings aimed at addressing patient specific issues and encouraging much needed support and encouragement among patients. She is also the Co-founder of Bliss Foundation, which is actively engaged in creating breast and cervical cancer awareness, hand holding patients through treatment and also assisting their treatment on whatever way possible.
- Weekly dedicated breast tumor board meetings with Breast cancer centric Surgical, Medical and Radiation oncologists, breast radiologist, breast pathologist, geneticist and psychologist in attendance
- Monthly Breast Oncology Research Forum meetings to initiate research, discuss projects and encourage publication amongst like- minded peer.
- Principal Investigator, Hospital based Cancer Registry Program, Max Hospital Patparganj
- Indian Faculty, MCh Oncoplasty, University of East Anglia
- Lead, National Steering Committee, India- EUBREAST sponsored multicentric, AXSANA trial
She has contributed actively as an author and co-author in several papers in peer reviewed journals and participated in several national and international conferences in the capacity of Speaker, Moderator, Chairperson and Panelist. She has been the Organizing Secretary of several innovative breast CMEs and conferences, which enjoy huge popularity with postgraduates, general surgeons and oncologists in the country.
- Secretary of Oncology Forum
- Founder Member and Hony Secretary- Delhi Breast Oncology Group
- Past Executive Member-Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Executive Member-Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Association of surgeons of India
- Co-Founder- Bliss Foundation